About Us » Volunteer » Volunteer
Want to make a huge difference in the lives of others while treating yourself to the experience of a lifetime? Want to work side by side with an amazing group of like-minded people from all over the world while learning a philosophy that has transformed the lives of thousands? Wouldn't it be great to live, work and play in the serenity and beauty of the Berkshires? Join us as a volunteer at The Option Institute!
This is the perfect opportunity to utilize your skills and build your resume in professional areas such as communications, social media, human resources or general business. Or for something totally different, join in helping our staff on property or in the kitchen. At the same time, you will be living a lifestyle that fosters clarity, personal empowerment and happiness. Contribute in a meaningful way, build your career experience, and work through any issues that you are challenged by all at the same time.
From landscaping to communications or cooking, you'll contribute by working on valuable service projects while living an amazing lifestyle that fosters clarity, personal empowerment and happiness. Feel great about your contribution to the lives of others while creating new perspectives, beliefs and approaches to your life.
- Training classes on The Option Process® exclusively designed for our volunteers
- Training and practice using The Option Process® Dialogue
- Private Option Process® Dialogue sessions with certified mentors
- Participation in segments of our dynamic group programs
- Access to a complete library of Option Process® books, CDs and videos
- Comfortable accommodations on our 100-acre campus
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals prepared fresh daily
After completion of your volunteer term, you will receive a certificate for a complimentary three-day program or you can use it as a credit towards a weeklong program of your choice.
2013 Volunteer Terms
(includes arrival and departure dates)
- Term 1 - January 6 - March 2 (8 weeks or Jan only to Feb 1)
- Term 2 - March 3 - May 4 (9 weeks)
- Term 3 - May 5 - June 29 (8 weeks)
- Term 4 - June 30 - August 31 (9 weeks)
- Term 5 - September 1 - October 26 (8 weeks)
- Term 6 - October 27 - December 21 (8 weeks)
What You Give
The Volunteer Program is a 2-month immersion experience designed for individuals wanting to deepen their understanding of The Option Process® through service to others.
Volunteers at The Option Institute are:
About Volunteering at The Option Institute:
- Schedule: Volunteers work approximately 35 hours a week, including some weekends and evenings. Being flexible is a requirement for volunteering here. Occasionally, to meet unpredictable demands, volunteers may be moved between departments with short notice. Outside of work, volunteers are provided with at least 4 hours of class time in The Option Process® each week as well as training and practice using The Option Process Dialogue.
- Work assignments: Assignments include helping out in one or more of the following essential areas: housekeeping, office work, washing dishes, assisting in cooking, lawn and yard work, snow removal, carpentry, general maintenance, or errands. Most of the work is physical in nature - suitable for people who have energy and stamina.
- Room and Board: Volunteers are provided with room and board, usually twin room occupancy. Bathroom facilities are also shared. Housing is simple with linens and some toiletries provided. Volunteers are responsible for keeping their own room and common spaces clean and have certain other responsibilities, such as clearing snow from pathways, etc.
What You Gain
- Learn a philosophy that has changed the lives of thousands of people around the world.
- Work in a community of people who love what they do.
- Experience the satisfaction of serving others.
- Learn more about The Option Process®, the foundation for our personal growth programs, and The Son-Rise Program®.
- Build meaningful relationships with fellow volunteers, dedicated staff, and inspiring teachers.
- Create new perspectives, beliefs, and approaches to their lives.
- Help make the services of the Institute available to people from around the world.
- Live, work, and play on our beautiful campus in the Southern Berkshire Mountains
Specific Benefits While Volunteering at The Option Institute
- Option Process classes participate in exciting group workshops where volunteers not only pursue their own personal growth, but experience dynamics from working and learning with a group.
- Option Process Dialogues practice and sessions. Learn a powerful tool to effectively help you uncover beliefs and attitudes that have fueled discomfort, and in this way learn to increase your sense of purpose, happiness, and personal power.
- After completion of your volunteer term, you will receive a certificate to use for a complimentary weekend program or you use it as a credit towards a week long program of your choice.
- Option Indigo lending library A complete set of Option Process books, cassette tapes, and videos, available for your use.
- Ninety-five acres in the beautiful Berkshires During your free time, you are welcome to explore the surrounding property (includes paths connected to the Appalachian Trail) and local attractions. New York City and Boston are only 2.5 hours away!
When I attended the course... I was wearing many masks. I felt so imprisoned in how I showed up in the world and I was in a lot of emotional pain from not being congruent with who I was. I attended the program with a goal to become Radically Authentic, specifically in the area of relationships. The course was challenging and I received extra love from Bears and the group. I dug deep and played hard.
Since I left The Option Institute... I have been playing in the "sand box of Radical Authenticity" -- and my life has changed enormously. I have found the key to freedom -- freedom in who I am and in self expression. But the greatest joy in my life has been achieving my goal -- creating an extraordinary relationship with a man. I showed up in the relationship being totally Authentic...which gave him permission to be totally Authentic. What a wonderful foundation for a legendary love for life. Radical Authenticity is a life changing.