Title: Social Media Specialist
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: World Wide Communications
Reports to: Marketing Coordinator
Overall responsibility: The Social Media Marketing Associate is responsible for the conception, planning, creation, follow-through and analysis of social media including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Blogs, and Twitter to increase awareness, engagement and participant registrations in program of the Option Institute™ and Autism Treatment Center of America™ including:
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Oversight of the Autism Treatment Center of America, Option Institute, other company websites and associated Facebook pages:
- Ensuring pages are updated regularly for Facebook best practices and changing technology
- Creating engaging posts
- Training the organization’s staff in Facebook best practices and provide them with regular, timely feedback
- Maintaining Facebook posting schedule
- Reviewing pages daily
- Respond to private Facebook messages and comments on posts
- Facebook ad creation
- Creating Facebook events
- E-Communications and blasts, digital/print promotion materials, point of sale distribution
- Copy writing, content creation, blogging
- Projects supporting global extension of client base
- Reporting and analysis
- Maintaining The Option Institute brand/style guide
- Experience with After FX and Premier Video Editing Program a plus
- On-site Registration Assistance (minimum of 4 per year)
- Perform other duties as needed
Maintains OI Standards to include:
- Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
- Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
- Reach out to Marketing Coordinator for any issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Follow the standards for the Option Institute Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, and at least two years related work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written/verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Copy writing/content creation experience writing for e-communication, blogging, web, promotions
- High level of proficiency in MS office-Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of print production process
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Excellent working knowledge of social media to support business
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task successfully under pressure
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.