Communicate With Honesty, Without Hesitation
You would be surprised at how many life challenges stem from (or are exacerbated by) lack of honest communication. Most of us spend our lives hold-ing back what we think, feel and want in order to gain (or retain) the acceptance of others or to avoid confrontation and conflict. The problem is that this leads to:
- Allowing many issues to remain unresolved until they reach a crisis point
- A deep feeling of loneliness that comes from not really being known by others
- Ongoing low-grade unhappiness due to the constant disconnect between what we feel on the inside and what we express on the outside
- Unwanted events that occur because we go with what others want instead of honestly voicing what we want.
Radical Authenticity is a course devoted entirely to becoming deeply comfortable and at ease with honest communication. Although the classes are bold and challenging they lead many to so enhance their own level of authentic communication with the people in their lives, that their relationships, personal happiness and ability to handle interpersonal challenges are utterly transformed.
In Radical, you will have the opportunity to:
- Become so at ease with speaking authentically:that you head off or resolve conflicts and issues before they reach crisis proportions
- Release the fears:you may have around truly honest communication
- Learn to be powerful and direct :without being insensitive or uncaring
- Accept the parts of yourself:that you’ve been afraid to talk about
- Stop being shy:about acknowledging your strengths
- Encourage authenticity:from the people who are important to you
I would love to share my life after the Radical Authenticity program I took when I was volunteering at The Option Institute.
When I attended the course… I was wearing many masks. I felt so imprisoned in how I showed up in the world and I was in a lot of emotional pain from not being congruent with who I was. I attended the program with a goal to become Radically Authentic, specifically in the area of relationships. The course was challenging and I received extra love from Bears and the group. I dug deep and played hard.
Since I left The Option Institute ……I have been playing in the “sand box of Radical Authenticity” and my life has changed enormously. I have found the key to freedom — freedom in who I am and in self expression. But the greatest joy in my life has been achieving my goal — creating an extraordinary relationship with a man. I showed up in the relationship being totally Authentic…which gave him permission to be totally Authentic. What a wonderful foundation for a legendary love for life. Radical Authenticity is a life changing.
– Katrina Tse, Retired Police Officer and Lawyer, Australia
Extraordinary! At last a program that fully delivers on its promise. This experience so demonstrated the ways in which I ‘hide’ from being fully real and present in the world – and most importantly – how to make concrete steps to change that fact. The take away: inner and outer alignment and a true sense of self. What a gift!
– Bob Blenn, Organizational Training and Development, New York
Radical Authenticity offers a stunningly effective alternative to society’s persuasive culture of lies, deceit, omissions and judgments. It provides tools to help you let go of your own judgments, embrace love and truth, and to let go of your worry about judgments of others.
– Mike Wagner, Military Planner, Maryland
WOW!!! I thought I had it all together before I came here (taken other programs 4-5 years ago). In Radical Authenticity I opened myself up to areas in my life I was still being inauthentic. A fascinating learning experience!! I now realize that 100% authenticity is the path for my emotional and physical well-being. I will continue to return to the Option Institute for fun and self-learning. With the concepts I have learned here over the years I have created an absolutely incredible life for myself. I have immense gratitude for the people who work here and for the Option Process.
– Julie Ann Panneton, Accountant, Canada
I came to really realize how much I’ve been lying and how exhausting it has been. I haven’t been showing up in my own life enough as me. I’m so excited and relieved to now have the tools and knowledge to live my life how I want to live it.
– Jenn Rosenthal, Radio Personality, Ohio
Radical Authenticity has been so extremely amazing. I realize that when I am absolutely authentic, I give myself and my partner the opportunity to be open and honest on issues, like sex, family, partnership in decision making, money and emotional intimacy. Before Radical Authenticity, I thought I was taking a risk and now I know that the risk isn’t in being authentic, it’s in not being authentic.
– Kathleen Corelli Byrne, Mental Health Worker, Connecticut