Title: Philanthropy Associate
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Overall responsibility: The Philanthropy Associate supports the Director of Philanthropy answering and placing calls to a specific list of donors, provided by your Supervisor, to solicit donations on behalf of The Option Institute. The Philanthropy Associate position involves solidifying relationships with existing donors and developing new donors.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Contact donors who have been assigned
- Document interactions with the donors
- Inform supervisor of donations solicited at the conclusion of each workday.
- Continually update and correct database records verifying contact information.
- Understands all of the organization product and service offerings.
- Forward any non-fundraising matters to the appropriate department supervisors
- On-site Registration Assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintains OI Standards to include:
- Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
- Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
- Reach out to Director of Philanthropy for any issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Follow the Standards for Option Institute Staff.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development or philanthropy office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Donor Database Management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Mindful of business reporting structures
EOE. To apply: email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org