Title: IT Support Specialist
FLSA Classification: Non Exempt Hourly
Reports to: Director, IT
Overall responsibility: The IT Support Specialist will provide a wide variety of hardware and software services to support end users. They will be responsible for ensuring internal customer satisfaction in every step of the support and resolution process. They will be required to track detailed information about each service or support request and to document the diagnostic steps as they troubleshoot the reported problem. They will train staff in basic computer usage including MS Office software, Gold Mine and GM Manager. Maintain and monitor IT supply inventory to ensure supply availability.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Application troubleshooting (goldmine, outlook, pc entry, etc.)
- Application management (goldmine, outlook, etc.)
- New user creations
- User terminations
- Manage user permissions
- User password management
- Printer management
- Dealing with Vendors
- Basic user training
- Advanced user training
- Documentation management
- Ipad/apple product support
- Researching technologies for other departments
- Malware/Virus removal
- Determining how a machine was infected with malware/virus
- User education on safe email/internet use after a virus infection
- Maintaining up to date equipment
- Long distance calling code management
- Remote user support
- Wireless network troubleshooting
- Phone troubleshooting
- Researching new technologies that could benefit the institute
- Supporting our Clients while they are on campus
- Asset management/tracking
- Respond to Tickets
- Maintaining up to date equipment that meets our end user software and hardware needs
- Perform other duties as needed
Maintains OI Standards to include:
- Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
- Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
- Reach out to Director, IT for any IT issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Follow the Standards for Option Institute Staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering Preferred
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Basic PC troubleshooting ability
- Windows 7/10
- PC hardware and software installation and configuration ability
- MS Office 2013
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: In this position a varied amount of sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting is required. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs on occasion.
EOE. For more information on applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.