Title: Administrative Assistant
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt, Part Time
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
This part-time position is responsible for creating and maintaining accurate donor and gift records using the Goldmine Database System, working closely with the Accounting Department. The Administrative Assistant will process all one-time donations, pledges and matching gifts, and all online gifts. Primary responsibilities include managing the tracking, communication, and acknowledgement procedures that are invaluable to maintaining and growing the donor base.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Process on-time and recurring pledged donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising spreadsheets and other database reports as needed.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Track and update expired credit cards with emails and phone calls
• Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
• Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
• Provides ideas to attract new donors and expand donor base.
• Understands all of the organization product and service offerings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Maintains OI Standards to include:
• Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
• Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
• Reach out to Director of Philanthropy for any issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Follow the Standards for Option Institute Staff.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Experience in an administrative position required
• Previous experience in a not-for-profit development or philanthropy office preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Goldmine or other CRM database experience essential
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Familiar with basic accounting practices
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
EOE. To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.